Call for Papers
Go2Edge – Edge Computing Networks, Systems and Services
(December 11-12, 2020, joint with Broadnets 2020, Cyberspace)
The explosion of IoT and the emergence of the Tactile Internet will lead to notable changes both in the architectures of communication networks and in computing and storage resources, resulting in high bandwidth, low latency, high availability and high security infrastructures. In order to satisfy the strict requirements on end-to-end latency of IoT and Tactile Internet services, as well as the processing of the tremendous volume of data generated by IoT devices, it is necessary to deploy new platforms that offer cloud-based services but reducing the distance between the source of data and the processing resources to a few tens of kilometers. To achieve this, it is essential to design and deploy a decentralized service platform architecture based on MEC (Multi-Access Edge Computing) and/or fog computing that brings computing and storage resources closer to end users, that is, to the edge of network. The scope of this workshop, organized in the framework of the Spanish Thematic Network Go2Edge (RED2018-102585-T), is related to the key ingredients for promoting this evolution.
Researchers from cloud and edge computing communities are encouraged to submit their contributions, exploring different computing and networks technologies to develop future edge computing technologies.
The works to be presented at the workshop should focus on the following topics (or related ones):
- Distributed computing based on Fog/MEC/Cloud hierarchy
- Holistic resource orchestration and management including Fog/MEC/Cloud computing resources.
- Power consumption models and techno-economic models for networks and distributed computing resources.
- Dimensioning, control and deployment of future networks.
- Optical and 5G networks for Fog/MEC/Cloud.
- Efficient convergence of 5G radio and optical infrastructures.
- Network slicing in optical and/or 5G networks
- SDN and NFV for efficient networks.
- Artificial intelligence for efficient planning and/or control of networks and Fog/MEC/Cloud resources.
- Life cycle model for data in Fog/MEC/Cloud scenario.
We invite workshop participation through contributions that respond to one or more of the mentioned research questions in form of a short paper (6-11 pages). Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).
Accepted and presented technical papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library. Workshop Papers will be published as a part of Broadnets Conference Proceedings. Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). See the website for detailed instructions and for author requirements for accepted papers.
Full Paper Submission deadline
1 October 2020
16 October 2020
11 November 2020
- Dr. Ramón J. Durán Barroso, University of Valladolid, Spain
- Dr. Ignacio de Miguel, University of Valladolid, Spain
- Prof. Honghao Gao, Shanghai University, China