The objective of the EAI BROADNETS 2021 Demos Track is to excite the research community about new advances in the field of broadband communications, networks, and systems through compelling demonstrations that help advance research and practice. The track is a highly interactive venue where researchers and practitioners can demonstrate their tools and discuss them with attendees. Highlighting scientific contributions through concrete artifacts is a critical supplement to the traditional research papers. A demonstration provides the opportunity to communicate how the scientific approach has been implemented or how a specific hypothesis has been assessed, including details such as prototype implementation and usage issues, data models and representations, tool and data access. We encourage demos that focus on real-world applicability of the underlying ideas, e.g., by references to industrial case studies.
The EAI BROADNETS 2021 Demos track shares the same research topics as the main research track, including but not limited to:
- Streaming data in 5G
- Edge computing and cloud-edge collaborative computing
- Privacy-aware and security protocols
- Networked devices and coordination
- Sensor networks
- Vehicle networks
- Cyber-Physical systems
- Advanced manufacturing
- Smart grid
- Underwater networking
- Urban ecosystems
- Big data processing
- Machine learning for communications
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).
- Demos papers should be in English;
- Demos papers should be from 6 to 8 pages in length;
- Demos papers should not have been previously published in demonstration form and not simultaneously submitted to any venue other than Broadnets;
- Demos papers do NOT follow a double-blind review process.
- Demos papers are recommended to include, at the end of the abstract, an URL pointing to the video of the demos (up to 5 minutes).
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library: BROADNETS Conference Proceedings.
BROADNETS proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Full Paper Submission deadline: 15 July 2021
Notification deadline: 2 August 2021
Camera-ready deadline: 17 August 2021
Conference: 28-31 October 2021